Seawater Desalination using Reverse Osmosis
Seawater desalinators can be used on both seawater and highly brackish water supplies to render water suitable for drinking, process or high purity Reverse Osmosis system feed water. Specifications below are for our more commonly requested systems. For larger units, please contact our water treatment sales department.
- Operate on feed water TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) levels between 20 000 ppm and 40 000 ppm
- Can be used on either potable or process water applications.
- Minimum salt rejection of 99.5%.
- System recoveries of up to 40%.
- Spiral wound composite polyamide membranes.
- All equipment mounted on a stainless steel bulkhead mounting or kit type chassis.
- On/off switch with motor starter.
- Pressure gauges.
- Stainless steel pressure vessels.
- 1-micron sediment pre-filter.
- Recycle valve.
- Back pressure regulating valve.
- Pressure relief valve.
- Brass or nickel aluminium bronze piston pump with 220V single phase motor (380V 3-phase motor on larger systems).
- Automatic feed water shut-off valve.
- Low pressure shut-off switch.
- Product water quality meter.
- Poor quality auto-dump system.
- Nickel Aluminium Bronze pump.
- Product water autoflush.
- Hydraulic clutch.
System Specifications – Seawater Desalinators
|Model Number||Production l/hr||Inlet Size (Inches)||Membrane Qty||Membrane Size||System Recovery||Motor Size (HP)|
|54S-1/46-BM||25||3/8||1||2.5″ x 21″||30%||1.5|
|54S-2/46-BM||50||3/8||2||2.5″ x 21″||30%||1.5|
|54S-3/46-BM||75||3/8||3||2.5″ x 21″||30%||1.5|
|54S-2/65-F||100||1/2||2||2.5″ x 40 “||30%||1.5|
|54S-3/65-F||150||1/2||3||2.5″ x 40 “||30%||1.5|
|54S-2/80-F||250||1||2||4″ x 40″||30%||3.0|
|54S-3/80-F||375||1||3||4″ x 40″||30%||5.5|
|54S-4/80-F||500||1.5||4||4″ x 40″||30%||5.5|
|54S-6/80-F||750||1.5||6||4″ x 40″||30%||7.5|
|54S-8/80-F||1000||1.5||8||4″ x 40″||30%||7.5|
|54S-10/80-F||1250||1.5||10||4″ x 40″||30%||7.5|
*Production flow rates and system recoveries are based on a feed water TDS of 32 000ppm and a feed water temperature of 25°C.
In order to accurately size a reverse osmosis desalinator for commercial or industrial applications, we will need to know the following:
- The amount of water you expect to use per 24-hour period.
- Your peak water demand.
- Operating hours per day.
- Your water pressure.
- The quality of your water – see our water analysis section for more information.
- What you plan to use the purified water for.
- Your site layout.
Your local approved CWC distributor can help you calculate your purified water needs, and can arrange for a professional water analysis to be taken. For more information about CWC’s reverse osmosis systems and how the RO process can help you in your home or business, contact CWC today.